[eDebate] Debate Job in Seoul Korea

David Peterson deepeezy
Thu Nov 1 00:57:15 CDT 2007

Hello Debate Community,

I am currently working in Seoul, South Korea as a debate teacher.
Debate has really exploded in South Korea over the last five years as
it is considered to be a powerful English language learning tool.   I
work for one of a few private debate academies in Seoul that offers
after school training in Asian style parliamentary debate to middle and
high school students.   We are looking to hire another North American
teacher to work at our academy.

Job Responsibilities:

Job responsibilities include teaching debate as well as essay writing
classes.   There is also additional (but not much) work that needs to
be done related to general English language training.   The classes are
fun and the students are very hardworking.   The working hours are
typically from 2pm to 10pm 5 days a week and there are opportunities to
work more for overtime pay.   There are two weeks of vacation per
year.   We want to find someone who can start near the beginning of
January.

Requirements:

Applicants must have substantial debate experience and at least a bachelor's degree.   Teaching experience is also preferred.

Benefits:

The salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.   I would say,
with a bachelor's degree, the pay will likely be at least 3 Million Won
per month (3,300$).   Ofcoruse applicants with a Master's degree,
significant debate credentials, and other relevant experiences can
negotiate for more.   Standard contracts also include a bonus of one
month's pay after completing a year-long contract.   There is a little
less than 10% deducted from your pay for income taxes, half of which is
repayed to you upon completion of your contract.   We also pay airfare
to and from South Korea and provide furnished studio/apartments for all
teachers in addition to salary.   The medical insurance is also better
than anything you are likely to get in the U.S.   I will provide more
information upon request.

I have been here for one month and am having a great time.   Korea has
great food, great nightlife, great public transportation, and much more.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.   If you are interested please email your CV with cover letter to petersod at uci.edu.

Thanks,

David Peterson (dp)

Director of Debate

Daechi Debate Institute

Daechi-dong, Seoul, Korea

petersod at uci.edu
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last. ?Get it now.