[eDebate] 100 point scale, not 50

Ross Smith smithr
Sun Nov 4 16:17:35 CST 2007

So, we originally had in mind a 50 point scale where you could still use
half points.

My message analogizing to grades required people to divide 100 by 2 to
get the idea.

Several people have pointed out that we might as well use a 100 point
scale (without half points). Maybe it would be more "natural" to
educators and students who are used to giving and getting grades on such
a scale.

Since there is no mathematical difference, I have no objection (nor does
Gary Larson, tab engineer).

What do people think? Does the 100 point scale help with the gestalt?

--
Ross K. Smith
Director of Debate

336-251-2076 (c)