[eDebate] Open Meeting - 08-09 CEDA Topic

Gordon Stables stables
Wed Nov 7 15:34:33 CST 2007

At 2 pm during the Wake pre-conference I will be hosting an open meeting to
discuss the process and prospects for the 08-09 CEDA Topic. The meeting will
be hosted in one of the conference rooms at the Sundance. Please see the
directory for specific room information.

The topic website http://www.cedatopic.com/  contains a full range of
information that might be of interest, including:

- The list of potential controversies previously suggested
http://www.cedatopic.com/nexttopic.html

- A summary of the topic process
http://www.cedatopic.com/topic_process.html

We very much need the input of community members to craft controversy
papers. Due to a recent amendment to the CEDA constitution we can now accept
controversy papers until Friday April 18, 2008. We hope this change
encourages more of our community to consider writing papers.

The topic committee is open to papers on a wide range of topics. There is no
subject (domestic, international, legal) constraint on what papers are being
considered for this upcoming season.

Gordon

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate and Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication
University of Southern California
Office: 213 740 2759               Fax: 213 740 3913
http://usctrojandebate.com