[eDebate] Argument Flaws - Rules make more novices......

Massey, Jackie B. debate
Tue Nov 20 10:16:26 CST 2007

So after reading many posts, and this continuous reference to the "ADA"

let me make it clear that just because a region has large amounts of novice debate and they have a certain rule does not mean changing the rule in other places will increase novice debate.

Sorry, not even close to a "true" causal argument.  Correlations are everywhare, and in many of the posts.

Argument:
ADA regions have more novice debate.

Answer:
ADA regions are more committed to novice debate than most people in our region.

Simple answer.  Changin a rule doesnt make novices appear.  People have to be committed to novice debate, not just in rhetoric and rules, but in action.  This is the problem, not some LD qualifcation rule.

Just wanted to get this "correlative" evidence sized up.

peace

massey