[eDebate] 2006-2007 Copeland voting info needed

Trond E. Jacobsen Trond
Thu Nov 22 08:00:55 CST 2007

For various purposes I am presently engaged in a network analysis of
the 2006-2007 debate season.  One purpose is to apply various
community-finding algorithms on the network.

Another is to develop a team-ranking algorithm designed to complement
those now existing.  Because, thanks to Bruschke,  I have outcome data
down to the round-level for nearly every tournament, I can
retrospectively evaluate the predictive value of my algorithm.  One
comparison I wish to make is between my algorithm and pre-NDT ranking
from Copeland voting.

To satisfactorily achieve this objective, I need the help of at least
one coach in the community who retains a record of the complete
2006-2007 Copeland voting that was included in NDT packets.  I have
asked several persons for this record and all indicate it exists but in
each instance they no longer retain a copy.

If you have a copy of the complete Copeland voting for the 2006-2007 -
meaning the votes received by every team receiving votes - and you are
willing to email it to me I would be very grateful.  If you have access
to comparable records for other years, that too would be helpful, but
further in the future.

One product of this research will be series of network visualizations
that I will make available to the community for those who are
interested.

Thank you,

Trond Jacobsen
School of Information