[eDebate] elim pairing question

NEIL BERCH berchnorto
Thu Nov 1 14:02:35 CDT 2007

Exactly.  Put another way, if you held the two debates (6-8 and 7-9, or 6-9
and 7-8), you would have 5 teams not debating, plus two debates.  This
doesn't work, as it then gives you one too few team for quarters.  The only
way to make it work would be to have 7 debate 9, while 8 gets the bye that 7
deserves.  Given that poor option, I would say, sorry, we don't break
brackets in that instance.
--Neil Berch
West Virginia University