[eDebate] 100 point scale

David Glass gacggc
Mon Nov 5 19:04:32 CST 2007

yah, that's all I was advocating: clear instruction (and fingers
crossed that folks listen and follow the instruction)

because for every person who translates the new scale to A; 90-100, B:
80-89, etc,
there may be someone else doing the multiplication, and still someone
else continuing to use the top 2.5 points as if they're the entire
scale

also, I'm not sure why you're surprised at the response, since the 30
point scale had clear instructions, and yet there has been gradual
point-creep towards the top.  so there at least seems to be a
legitimate risk that while some people will respond to the new scale
by broadening their range according to instructions, others won't.

and as you know, being a statistician, all you need is enough outliers
to make it into some teams judging sets more than others, and you will
then indeed have randomness...  and if there are 3 legitimate possible
models for people to follow - that makes it even more likely that the
scale wont broaden out synchronously

david