[eDebate] ans Warner

Ede Warner ewarner
Wed Nov 7 10:33:56 CST 2007

By the time of the merger, numbers were getting lower in both CEDA and NDT with a relatively significant exodus overall to parli.  That's my claim and I'm sticking to it.  Not mutually exclusive with whether CEDA region debate was still vibrant.  Conceded.  Just not as vibrant as it had been previously, that's my claim.

From: "joseph carver" <hardfeelings at gmail.com>
To:"Ede Warner" <e0warn01 at gwise.louisville.edu>
CC:"Michael Korcok" <mmk_savant at hotmail.com>, "edebate at ndtceda.com" <edebate at ndtceda.com>
Date: 11/7/2007 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [eDebate] ans Warner
If your contention is that numbers wise the NDT was healthier than
CEDA that point, it is factually incorrect. Certainly teams crossed
over to NDT in search of competing against olderr, more established
programs and in search of determining who was the best. However,
regional debate was still vibrant in the mid 90s for CEDA. In the
midwest alone Johnson County, SMS,UCO, K State, UMKNC, The Heart etc
were all massive tournaments. Big enough in fact to draw top tier NDT
teams to try their hands as well. Regardless of who has made the claim
that CEDA was dying, it was incorrect. Regionally and membersdhip wise
it was very healthy

--
Joseph Carver