[eDebate] Illegal Debating discussion

Joe Patrice joepatrice
Wed Nov 7 15:38:10 CST 2007

It seems to me that the Iraq war comparison Reid was making was not based on
Iraq being a more or less legitimate subject of a performative response, but
that, in execution, the performance his cadets employed was not analogous to
a simulated sex act (at least divorced of context).  I can certainly think
of much more "risky, potentially offensive" responses to the war than the
performance they employed (which was just a slideshow showing fallen
classmates to demonstrate how the concept of "usability" in U.S. military
policy exceeded just the approach to TNWs).

Joe