[eDebate] ans Warner

Wed Nov 7 16:09:35 CST 2007

Ede, You have obviously been sitting on your ass and not seeing my teams. I do
more than call bullshit when I read it on e-debate. What have I done? Good
question. Hmm. Let's see:

1.Wrote a very detailed topic paper to give the community a valid choice among
good topic areas-before I was even coaching.
2. Came back to teaching and coaching-specifically CEDA coaching because I care
about the activity.
3. Created a brand new policy debate program--the only one in Louisiana.
4. Brought back policy debate on the high school level to the state of Louisiana
as the preferred form of debate.
5. Giving seminars to high school coaches on how to coach policy debate so that
more students at all levels of our educational system have access to the
benefits of policy debate.
6. Hosted the first college hosted high school policy debate tournament in
Louisiana in years--some say its been at least a decade.
7. Decided to host a college policy tournament for Mardi Gras, specifically
taking into account the other possible tournaments within my region and sister
regions.
8. Cajuns, African Americans and Native Americans from UL-Lafayette (all
distinct ethnic groups that even you would have to agree are underrrepresented)
advancing to elimination rounds at every tournament they have entered so
far--all by arguing the topic straight up, no kritiks, no slashing or wrists
and no complaints within the rounds that we are small school, oppressed, or any
other non-germane issue. [I'll see your "bringing more minorities into the
activity," and raise you bringing policy debate back to an entire state and
students who had zero access to policy debate. If you are going to get into a
pissing contest over participation, I certainly won't be persuaded that your
project has made a significant impact outside of your own program.]
9. Been pushing for changes to the CEDA constitution on some of the issues.
Certainly for better topics.

Given that I have only been an active coach of CEDA for a grand total of two and
a half months, I think I have done a lot. I put my money where my mouth is and I
am pretty proud of what I have accomplished so far, given the resources that I
have and the amount of time I have had to do it.

At least I did not quit and run away after being elected to be a President
of CEDA. You had the opportunity to make HUGE changes in the organization and
you pissed it away. Now you have the gall to tell me that I do nothing other
than pontificate on e-debate. You threw away your leadership credibility when
it was given to you on a silver platter. Maybe we should just all forget that
the community gave you the forum AND political power to make real changes and
you pitched a fit and walked away from the opportunity.

Scott