[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Teams Missing Pre Shirley Disclosure Re: Pre-Shirley Disclosure

Jean-Paul Lacy lacyjp
Thu Nov 8 22:35:48 CST 2007

I really do appreciate the contributions everyone has made so far to the
caselist, but I'm frustrated with how far behind we are in collecting
pre-tournament information.

A large part of that is my fault: For some reason, I figured everyone knew
the drill & would just send stuff without much reminder. I was completely
wrong.

We really do need better pre-tournament disclosure to scout The Shirley as
well as we can. I realize the tournament starts on Saturday morning, & you
are pressed for time, but a small amount of your time invested now will
drastically improve the end product for everyone.

What benefit do you gain from sending your stuff now?
1. Better debates. Those are good.
2. Far better scouting at the tournament. Tracking down old information &
getting it posted directly trades off with our ability to collect new
information and upgrade the information we've got. Yes, everyone scouting
will work as hard as they can during the tournament, but they really do
need to prioritize the newest & best arguments rather than reconstruct old
arguments from the rest of the semester.

There are worse arguments, like "nobody else has, why should I" but those
just replicate the tragedy of the commons & make you look like a freeloader
to some people.

Anyway, get your stuff posted on the wiki as soon as possible. If you
can't, email it to me, lacyjp at wfu.edu.

Below is the current list of teams who need to post disclosure at
opencaselist.wikispaces.com. Basic expectations are included below, as are
the usual caveats about being on the list accidentally.

--JP

Arizona State KL        Need Neg
Arizona State TT        Need Neg
Bard College CD Need Neg
Bard College HL Unclear Aff, Need Neg
Baylor MR       Update Aff ? no plan text, Update Neg
Binghamton TB   Need Aff, Need Neg
Binghamton CO   Need Aff, Need Neg
Concordia MR            Update Neg
Denver MM       Need Aff, Need Neg
Denver MT       Need Aff Need Neg
Emory MS        Update Aff, Update Neg
Emory CS        Update Aff
Emporia BG      Need Aff, Need Neg
Fort Hays HS    Update Aff, Need Neg
GMU HO  Update Aff, Need Ned
GMU GP  Update Aff, Need Ned
Georgetown HK   Update Aff, Update Neg
Georgia SW      Update Neg
Georgia State GL        Update Aff, Update Neg
Georgia State GP        Need Neg,
Illinois EH     Need Aff, Need Neg
JMU ML  Update Neg
JMU GL  Update Aff, Need Neg
Kansas State HZ Update Neg
Kansas State MZ Update Neg
Louisville PR   Update Aff, Update Neg
Miami (Florida) DR      Update Aff, Need Neg
Miami (Florida) KP      Need Aff, Need Neg
Missouri State KS       Update Neg
Missouri-Kansas City FJ Update Aff, Need Neg
Nevada Las Vegas GM     Need Aff, Need Neg
Nevada Las Vegas CE     Need Aff, Need Neg
New York Univ. AM       Need Aff Need Neg
North Texas (Univ.) CE  Update Aff, Update Neg
Northern Iowa (Univ.) BB        Update Aff, Update Neg
Oklahoma GW     Need Neg
Richmond DL     Need Aff, Need Neg
Richmond CS     Update Aff, Update Neg
Rochester CY    Need Aff, Need Neg
San Francisco State AM  Need Neg
Southern California VY  Need Aff, Need Neg
Southern California LS  Need Aff, Need Neg
Stanford BP     Need Aff, Need Neg
Stanford AM     Need Aff, Need Neg
Texas (Austin) CS       Update Neg
Texas (Austin) TW       Update Aff, Update Neg
Texas (Austin) BD       Need Aff, Need Neg
Texas-Dallas AB Update Aff
Towson CL       Update Neg
Trinity BB      Update Aff, Update Neg
Trinity AH      Update Aff, Update Neg
Navy SW Update Aff, Update Neg
Vermont DD      Need Aff, Need Neg
Wayne NP        Update Aff
Wayne GR        Need Aff, Need Ned
West Georgia CP Update Aff, Need Neg
West Georgia MS Update Aff, Update Neg
Wichita State CR        Update Aff, Update Neg
Wyoming BJ      Update Aff, Update Neg