[eDebate] Put one and one together Swampy..Now it is Personal, Jackie

Fri Oct 5 08:32:21 CDT 2007

Jackie,

You are making things way too personal. Considering that I am Native American, a
descendant of the Creek Indian Nation, I think you should back off of the
"stolen ground" comments. Considering one of my students on my team, in fact,
one of the JV debaters your team hit in quarterfinals last week, is a full
blooded member of a Native American Tribe--one in which only 85 members still
exist, you can take your "you are living on stolen ground" arguments and shove
them up your ass. I hate when people use such arguments against me when they do
not even know who I am, where I am from and the shit my family had to go through
facing racism in the south as native americans from the 1800s through the 1960s.
You think you are the only person who thinks Native Americans got screwed and
are screwed? I don't think you should throw around your charges of "stolen
ground" until you have actually asked me where I am from.

Other than that, the rest of this discussion is a question of taste and debate
padagogy; and has been answered in a previous post.