[eDebate] NDT Subscriptions

Sherry Hall shahall
Wed Oct 10 05:46:13 CDT 2007

Hello All --

The deadline for paying NDT dues without penalty is approaching. The deadline is November 1, 2007.  I have received the list of schools that subscribed via the AFA website during the month of September.  At the end of this month, I will receive that information for October.  If you have not yet paid you have three ways to pay.
1. You can pay via the AFA website using a credit card or check.
2. You can pay me at the Harvard tournament later this month.
3. You can send me a check, made payable to "The National Debate Tournament" to:
Sherry Hall
324 Franklin St.
Cambridge, MA  02139.

At the Board of Trustees meeting last March we set a base subscription fee of $50.00.  We also adopted the following new language regarding the payment of NDT subscription fees.  We did enforce the "drop dead" date last year, and would really like to avoid having to do that again this year.

"IV. A. Sources of Income.

Subscription Fees

a. The amount of the subscription fee for the following year is to be established by the Board of Trustees meeting at the National Tournament.

b. Subscription fees are to be paid to the Treasurer, or the AFA Treasurer, no later than November 1.  The Treasurer will periodically publish a list of schools from which subscription fees have been collected.  Receipts for subscription fees are to be issued by the Treasurer or AFA Treasurer.  Any school subscribing between the dates of November 1 and December 15, will be charged double the base subscription fee.  Any school subscribing between the dates of December 15 and January 15, will be charged triple the base subscription fee.

c. Only subscribing schools from a district may take part in the at-large or district qualification processes.  Verification of payment shall be determined and published by the Treasurer.

d. No subscription fees will be accepted after January 15 unless approval is given by the District and National Committees and the Board of Trustees.

e. The Chair will appoint a committee from the Board of Trustees to hear appeals."

Below is the updated list of schools who have paid their subscription fees.  If you paid your fees via the AFA website after October 1, I will not get confirmation of that until November 1.

NDT Subscribers 2007-2008

Bard College

Baylor University

Boston College

California State University (Berkeley)

California State University (Chico)

California State University (Northridge)

Concordia College

Cornell University

Dartmouth College

Eastern New Mexico University