[eDebate] KCKCC Tournament Update #1

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Oct 10 13:51:24 CDT 2007

For those of you coming this weekend:

1.  Remember, please finalize your judging if you have not done so.

2.  Our entire campus is wireless and no password is needed.

3.  Tournament registration will occur on Friday afternoon between 2-3pm.  Rd 1 on the schedule says it will start at 3.  Due to getting people out of classrooms and our opening assembly it will likely be closer to 4pm.

4.  THIS IS A MUST: If your team(s) has competed they need to upload their information to the wiki.  Openness improves debates for everyone.  If they have competed they need to upload their 1AC outline with cites.  If they have competed they need to upload a list of arguments run on the negative.  If you do not have an account, you can email me the information or better yet, Justin Green : ) and one of us will upload it.  This needs to be done by tomorrow (Thursday evening).  Some of you have debated at 3 tournaments already and no info is up--as they would say in Parli--for shame!

5.  Entertainment: Village West is located just 3 miles to the East of campus on State Avenue.  Everything you could want in terms of food, shopping and entertainment is there.  There is a very nice martini bar/bowling alley open until 2am.  There is also a Standford and Sons Comedy Club--Danny Bonaduce is performing this weekend.  If you are looking for a unique dining experience I recommend Hash House A-Go-Go.  Not that kind of Hash!  But the food is amazing and comes in enormous portions--I have never seen anyone finish a meal there.  Not even John Bretthauer!

6. Looks like Partial Octos in Open and JV and partial Quarters in Novice.

more updates to come.
chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate--KCKCC