[eDebate] Heart of Texas - College Preview Program

Pacedebate at aol.com Pacedebate
Wed Oct 10 21:22:16 CDT 2007

The deadline was today but I can get them printed as long as I receive them
by Monday. So if you want to participate in the College Preview Program you
still have time. Here are the details:

To the College Debate  Community:
You are invited to  attend the 2007 College Debate Preview at the Heart of
Texas Invitational. The  preview offers representatives from college debate
programs the opportunity to  talk with high school seniors about debating in
college. The preview will be  held during the Heart of Texas Invitational Debate
and Speech Tournament in  Dallas, Texas during the weekend of October 19-21.
Last year over 100 high  schools from over 30 states attended the tournament.
College representatives  from programs all over the United States were also in
attendance. It would be  our honor to host representatives from your school this
year.

Colleges attending the  preview are offered two full pages of advertising (no
charge) in the tournament  program. The ad pages should be sent to me (camera
ready) so that they arrive no  later than October 10th. Traditionally, ad
pages have included a one page letter  from the director, and one page of
"college propaganda" about the school. You  may format your two pages in any way that
you think would be helpful to your  recruiting efforts--as long as it is
camera ready, and I get it by the 10th.  There isn't a formal schedule for the
College Preview Program. We do open a room  between rounds five and six on
Saturday morning to create a place for students  to meet with representatives
however you are free to watch rounds, talk with  students, visit with friends, feed
yourself in the coaches lounge, and visit our  campus and our city. If you are
willing to judge a round or two it would be  sincerely appreciated however
you shouldn't feel any pressure to do so. If you  or your representative would
like to judge for money (to help pay for the trip)  then I would be happy to
help with those arrangements.
Thanks,
Tim