[eDebate] DCUDL in Need of Judges-Oct 27th and beyond

Carlos Varela carlos
Thu Oct 11 16:06:27 CDT 2007

Hello edebate community,

The DC Urban Debate league is always searching for qualified judges, as they
make all the difference in the debating experience.

Here are the dates for the tournaments for the 2007-2008.

 9/22/07 DCUDL High School 1
 9/29/07 DCUDL Middle School 1
 10/27/07 DCUDL High School 2
 11/3/07 DCUDL Middle School 2
 12/8/07 DCUDL High School 3/DCUDL Middle School 3
 2/2/08 DCUDL High School 4
 2/9/08 DCUDL Middle School 4
 3/8/08 DCUDL High School 5
 3/15/08 DCUDL Middle School 5
 4/19/08 DCUDL High School 6
 4/26/08 DCUDL Middle School 6
 5/31/08 DCUDL League Championships

The second tournament of the year is on Saturday, October 27th, 2007. The
tournament will begin with breakfast at 8:30am and registration at
9:00am. Round 1 will start shortly after that. The concluding award ceremony
for the tournament should be done by no later than 4:30pm.

To register to participate at this tournament, a coach from each school must
email me, by no later than, the Tuesday before the tournament, by
5:00pm. I will email the listserv again to remind you of this important
registration deadline. This is important because it gives me time to
accommodate logistics such as food, judges, clasrooms etc...etc... necessary
for a good tournament to run smoothly.

The tournament will be held at Thurgood Marshall Academy PCS
(www.thurgoodmarshallacademy.org), located at

2427 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE
Washington DC, 20020.

Transportation Logistics:

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Thurgood Marshall Academy is located in the southeastern quadrant of
Washington, DC.

The following are directions from downtown Washington, DC:
         From either New York Avenue or Massachusetts Avenue, take I-395
South.
         Follow signs for I-295 South.
         When you cross the Anacostia River, you'll see signs that say
Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue and I-295 South to Richmond. Stay on I-295
toward Richmond.
         Take Exit 3B?Howard Road.
         Turn left onto Howard Road.
         Pass the Anacostia Metro station.
         Turn left onto Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue?Thurgood Marshall
Academy is the first building on your left.

METRO DIRECTIONS

Thurgood Marshall Academy is directly across from the Anacostia Metro
Station on the Green Line.

Once you have reached the Anacostia Station,
         Use the Howard Road exit.
         As you exit the turnstile, turn left.
         Turn right up Howard Road.
         At the second light (Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue), cross Howard
Road.
         Thurgood Marshall Academy is on your left; please enter through the
main door

Thank you,

Carlos Varela
Tournament Director,