[eDebate] Results-UL-Lafayette High School Tournament

Sat Oct 13 19:58:49 CDT 2007

The University of Louisiana-Lafayette hosted the first ULL high school speech
and debate tournament in over ten years. Based on the reviews from coaches and
parents, it was an overwhelming success for Louisiana High School Forensics.

The CX portion of the tournament ran about 40 mintues AHEAD OF SCHEDULE on
Friday night. We had three rounds of novice and varsity finished and tabbed by
7:00 p.m. My wife and I were at a Jazz club by 7:30 p.m. The food and drinks
were awesome.

Saturday's CX tournament finished a full two hours AHEAD of scehdule and the
I.E.-L/D part of the tournament finished about  30 minutes ahead of schedule.
Again, my wife and I were out by 7:30 p.m. on the Saturday night of a high
school tournament. We are done and in our jammies already.

Lafayette High School closed out semi finals in varsity cx debate.
Parkway High School closed out finals of novice debate.

Our plan is to open up the tournamnet for a national draw in cx debate next
year. I would like for this to become a TOC qualifiying tournament in cx
debate. I encourage those working with high school programs to consider
attending the UL-Lafayette 2008 tournament.

Scott M. Elliott, Ph.D. J.D.
Director of Debate, UL-Lafayette