[eDebate] Get rid of MPJ?

Alfred Snider alfred.snider
Sat Oct 13 21:33:58 CDT 2007

I was CEDA president when MPJ was used at the tournament. I imposed it
and took a lot of criticism because of it. I new that once it was in
there would be no getting it out.

Whether it is good overall or not, I am now hooked on it. We have clear
preferences and being able to avoid SOME judges releases us from a huge
preparation burden.

I also introduced and argued for the motion at the CEDA meeting that
allowed the NDT/CEDA merger. Once again, it may have been a bad idea but
I was a big part of it. Others can say "told you so" but I did what I
thought was best and the community agreed with me.

It was not the first time I found myself in this position and it will
not be the last time.

Note this for the future. Beware my initiatives.

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics