[eDebate] West Point Update #1

Christy Webster christy.webster
Mon Oct 15 14:41:45 CDT 2007

Greetings from the West Point tab staff!

Everyone here at USMA is busily preparing to host you all in the
beautiful Hudson Valley this weekend for what promises to be 3 days of
fun and good competition. We will be doing everything we can to ensure
the smooth and efficient running of the tournament.

We have a few milestones we wanted teams and coaches to keep in mind
as they are preparing for the tournament this week.

Registration: Please finalize all changes to registration information
(teams and judges) via the Bruschke site at www.debateresults.com by
5pm on Wednesday. At this time registration will be closing. After
5pm, all late changes should be emailed to me at
Christy.Webster at gmail.com and Kathryn Rubino at
KathrynRubino at gmail.com. Please make sure you let us know in the
comments section of the judge entry page on the Bruschke site if any
of your judges are Novice or Novice/JV only so we can make sure to
place them correctly.  Each judge at the tournament also needs to
provide a judging philosophy via Bruschke so that others at the
tournament have the necessary information to do their prefs. There is
a good number of oldie but goodie judges entered right now who are
missing philosophies. Please remember to enter all judge conflicts on
the site as well so we don't have to chase you around on Friday
afternoon.

Prefs: We are excited this year to offer MPJ in every division for the
first time. In order to ensure that this process runs smoothly and
that each team is afforded the best prefs possible please know that
the following deadlines will be strictly adhered to. Prefs for all
divisions will open at www.debateresults.com on Wednesday at 9pm.
Teams will have until Thursday at 10pm to complete ALL preference
sheets. All prefs completed after Thursday night at 10pm will not take
effect until Round 3. We will be using an A, B, C and strike system in
all divisions. More info on the specific numbers for each division
will be emailed out on Wednesday afternoon before we open the prefs.
We have a limited amount of hired judging available so please make
sure to contact us NOW if you need it.

Please let us know if you have any lingering questions or if there is
anything we can do to make your experience with us easier/more
pleasurable and we will try our best to accommodate.

Warmly,

Christy and Kathryn
Army Debate