[eDebate] Fw: Job Posting for EDebate

Phil Kerpen pgk
Fri Oct 19 12:26:53 CDT 2007

------------------
Phil Kerpen
Mobile: 202-285-9714
Sent by BlackBerry.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Lynn, Joshua" <jlynn at sankaty.com>

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:06:28
To:<kerpen at ndtceda.com>,"Phil Kerpen" <pgk at philkerpen.com>
Subject: Job Posting for EDebate

Hey Phil-
?
I'm about to send this to edebate. I'm assuming I'll get bounced or filtered as a non-subscriber, so if you could send this along to give me posting privileges at this address that would be much appreciated.
?
Josh
?
To: edebate at ndtceda.com <mailto:edebate at ndtceda.com>
Re: Great Job Opportunity In Finance for Fall 2008
?
Wanted pass along a job description for an analyst position at the fund I'm working at in Boston--Sankaty Advisors, the debt fund at Bain Capital. We are currently looking to fill between 1 and 3 positions with either new graduates or people with 1-3 years work experience.
?
The description (below and attached) may not mean much to you but at it's core working at Sankaty is an opportunity to:
-Work at one of the nation's leading investment firms, in one of the market's highest regarded debt funds;
-Learn about business problems and market dynamics in a hands on way, and put the skills you learn to work in the form of large investments;
-Capitalize on your research skills to develop investment ideas and strategies, while becoming an expert on a particular industry (I cover healthcare, others include energy, autos, media/technology, etc); and
-Get a foothold in a industry that folks with alternative backgrounds often have trouble entering.
?
No business or finance experience is required--though strong quantitative skills are big plus--and we are very open to people with alternative backgrounds.
?
If you're interested in a position send me a resume at this address. Feel free to pass it along to friends (even non-debaters) as well. Also, I'll likely stop by the Harvard tournament next weekend, so if you want to chat about the job, why going into finance is much better than going into law, etc give me a heads up and I'll make sure you track you down.
?
Josh
?
?
?

TITLE:? Analyst

BUSINESS UNIT:? Sankaty Advisors
LOCATION:? Boston, MA

?
SANKATY OVERVIEW
Sankaty Advisors, the debt investment group of Bain Capital, is one of the nation?s leading buy-side private investment management firms.? With over $20 billion of committed capital, Sankaty Advisors acts as a debt hedge fund, investing in a wide variety of securities, including high-yield bonds, distressed debt, mezzanine debt, levered loans, convertible bonds, structured products, and select equity investments.? Through our numerous funds, we have the ability to invest in every level of a company?s capital structure from secured debt to equity, and can also provide capital to growing companies with unique financing needs.
?
Our investment process is characterized by detailed business and financial analysis and a culture of vigorous debate.? We combine a consulting-based approach to industry, competitor and business analysis with an in-depth examination of a target company?s financial performance and capital structure.? Our goal is to select the best industries, the best companies, and the best relative value among the many securities each company offers.
?
Sankaty has a world-class team of over 65 professionals with extensive experience analyzing and managing high yield investments.? Our headquarters is in Boston, with additional locations in Chicago and London.
?
BAIN CAPITAL
Bain Capital is one of the world?s leading private investment firms with over $50 billion in committed capital.? The firm was founded in 1984 by a group of consultants who left Bain & Company.? Bain Capital?s family of funds includes private equity, venture capital, public equity and debt.? Today, Bain Capital has over 200 investment professional and 7 offices worldwide.
?
ANALYST PROGRAM
The Analyst opportunity enables a highly select group of individuals the opportunity to become an investor as part of a leading global investment firm.
?????? Analysts will work in the Boston office as an integral part of a two to four person industry team.? Analysts work directly for Vice Presidents.? The flat operating structure means analysts get real responsibility.
?????? Analysts conduct company and industry research, track relative trading values of various securities, and develop buy/sell/hold recommendations on companies.
?????? Analysts develop and hone a complete financial and business analysis skill set.? Analysts build on the tools used in consulting firms to analyze industries, business strategies, and competitive positions.? In addition, analysts develop strong financial modeling and analytical skills, as well as gain exposure to many areas of the public financial markets
?????? Most importantly analysts have the opportunity to contribute to investment decisions.
?
The Analyst program commences in August 2008.? The program is a two-year commitment with potential for a third year within Sankaty or in another are of the firm.? Candidates should have an excellent academic track record, strong quantitative skills, and an interest in business strategy, financial markets and investing.? We particularly value team players with a drive to succeed and a great sense of humor.
?
Highly successful Analysts have demonstrated the ability to execute fundamental financial analysis, understand relative value, apply sound judgment and manage complex, fast-moving processes.? These individuals are self-starters, feel a strong sense of ownership of their work and have excellent team and interpersonal skills.---------------------------------------------------------------- The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Sankaty Advisors, LLC +1 (617) 516 2700