[eDebate] Another way to justify your programs

Darren Elliott delliott
Tue Oct 23 15:37:03 CDT 2007

I know as Directors we often seek information that will help us justify our programs.  There is a great article in Higher Ed about measuring student learning and success.  It highlights 10 components that govt. officials, the AACU, and Miami-Dade in particular came up with to determine said success in evaluating programs and colleges.  I could immediately identify multiple ways in which debate meets every outcome listed.

The article and the top 10 list can be found at: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2007/10/19/miami

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC