[eDebate] Pre-Shirley Disclosure

lacyjp lacyjp
Wed Oct 24 15:50:28 CDT 2007

disclosure? post that too.]

Once again, we?re looking forward to scouting the Shirley.

Our goal is to upgrade the scouting at opencaselist.wikispaces.com as
much as possible.

This collaborative goal will take effort on the part of each participant
in the tournament.

In the end, I hope the collective work will pay off by helping everyone
debate better.

To facilitate scouting during the tournament, we need a good deal of
pre-tournament information. That way, everyone scouting can focus on
upgrading what we've already got & gathering new information.

You can submit your information two ways:
1. Become a member of the wiki & post it (Easy, just label your stuff
?Pre-Shirley?)
Just go to http://opencaselist.wikispaces.com/ and click ?join . . .? Be
sure to include information that identifies you as a debater/coach for a
school in your request to join.
2. Email it to me: lacyjp at wfu.edu (This way may work, but it?s slow &
doesn?t get common cite requests out of your hair as quickly)

Target deadline: Midnight, Tuesday, November 6. This will make the
information useful before the tournament.

Expectations:

Affirmative Disclosure--

	The most recent plan text(s) you've read.
	Complete 1ac outline(s) with full cites [Author, Source, Date, 			URL,
page #s, First & Last phrases.]
	2ac add-ons
	2ac answers to common negative positions (including off case 			args &
major case arguments)

	If your 1ac is not 'traditional', describe your affirmative in 			as
much detail as necessary to provide the opposition the 			equivalent of
the above. [Plus full cites for anything that can 		be cited -- like
music or movie clips.]

Negative Disclosure--

	Basic rule: Disclose the quantity & quality of information you'd 	want
from a team when you are affirmative.
	Include at minimum the generic strategies you've deployed thus 			far,
with a complete outline & full citations as described 			above.
	I say this every year: A good norm to strive for is MSU's
Pre-Shirley disclosure from last year at
http://opencaselist.wikispaces.com/Michigan+State+Neg

We don't expect you to disclose new arguments. Keeping ?caselist-able?
electronic versions of new arguments is a great idea.

A representative of Wake Debate has been assigned to each team entered
in the tournament. They will be in contact with your opponents, your
judges and maybe even you to gather as much additional information as
possible. We appreciate all the help you can give us in that regard.

Thanks!
--JP Lacy
lacyjp at wfu.edu