[eDebate] Pepperdine Tournament

Stone Watt, Sarah E Sarah.StoneWatt
Thu Oct 25 14:01:39 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I want to thank everyone who attended and helped out with the Pepperdine tournament last weekend. I enjoyed seeing everyone and remembering what I loved about debate in the West. I also appreciated the way that all of the coaches pulled together to make the best decisions for their teams (and mine) when the fire began on Sunday morning.

Our classes started again yesterday and most of the students and faculty have returned to campus. Many of us are happy to be back but still watching other fires currently threatening our families and friends.

I was able to get into the CCB on Tuesday before anyone got back and try to clean up what we left behind. I was glad to see that, for the most part, the debaters left our building clean and their tubs were packed up and out of the way. Our building is attached to the office of public safety so there were a lot of firefighters and other personnel here during the fire. It looks like they just moved the things that were in their way and we have all of the stuff that was left here on Saturday night. If your squad left anything please let me know and we will do our best to return it to you in a timely fashion. Most of the tubs we have are labeled with their team name, if your tubs are not labeled we will look inside to try and determine who they belong to or you can send us a brief description of the tub you are looking for.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah Stone Watt, Ph.D.
Director of Forensics