[eDebate] CEDA: Exec Sect Report

Jeffrey Jarman jeffrey.jarman
Mon Oct 29 16:52:42 CDT 2007

Hello Everyone:  Several items to report.

First, the business meeting is scheduled for Friday, November 16 at
9:30am during the NCA annual meeting in Chicago.  A very full slate
of amendments has been submitted.  You can find the amendments, a
proxy form, and agenda online.  A complete list of all CEDA-sponsored
panels is also available under the Business link on the webpage.

Second, sweepstakes points have been calculated and a third ranking
has been produced.  PLEASE check your points and let me know if there
is a problem.  Like last year, I will continue to post the updated
points by date so you can see how your standing changes throughout
the year.  A comprehensive list of points also is available.  Open
the file, scroll to your school, and check out how many points you
earned at each tournament.

Third, several offices are open for nominations.  Please consider
running for an office in CEDA.  Mike Davis is the chair of the
nominations committee.  He must have your name by the close of the
business meeting in Chicago.  You do not need to be present to be
nominated.  The positions up for election include 2nd VP, Topic
Committee, Treasurer, Executive Secretary, and Regional Reps from
Northeast, Mid Atlantic, Rocky Mountain, Southern California, North
Central and South Central.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Jeff