[eDebate] Proposed Mardi Gras Tournament January 25-27 2008; need a tabroom.

Tue Oct 30 12:28:29 CDT 2007

I have secured classrooms and a block of hotel rooms (50) in Lafayette for the
January 24-27 weekend. I need someone to commit to running the tabroom for me.
If I can get that commitment, I am willing to host a new tournament, modeled
after the old SELA Mardi Gras Tournament to take place January 25-27.

We intend to have three rounds on Friday. First round starting at 1:00 p.m. (Our
school shuts down at 12:30 p.m.)
Three rounds on Saturday with an early release so people can go to Mardi Gras
parades in Lafayette or New Orleans.

Elimination Rounds beginning either 10:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.

I'd love to hear back from any coaches or directors willing to make the tabroom
commitment this week. I want to post the invitation this week or this weekend,
ASAP.

(New Orleans is 1.5 to 2 hours away, but Lafayette has a huge Mardi Gras, some
say the real Mardi Gras.)

Scott M. Elliott, Ph.D. J.D.
Dir. of Debate, University of Louisiana-Lafayette