[eDebate] Illinois State is looking for graduate assistants for Fall 2008

J Stan jstan1979
Tue Oct 30 15:08:49 CDT 2007

Illinois State University is accepting applications for our debate graduate
assistantship for next year, beginning in Fall 2008.  Our School of
Communication is extremely supportive of college forensics in general, and
debate in particular.  Our debaters have achieved considerable success on
the regional level the past few years, and we're working on improving our
successes.  Plus, we have one of the best terminal Master's programs in the
country, where you can study various types of communication subfields,
including rhetoric, political communication, intercultural communication,
small group, organizational communication, interpersonal communication, mass
media studies, etc.  Our graduate assistants also have the opportunity to
teach courses (not just TA) in the School, which is particularly helpful if
you plan on pursuing a Ph.D. in the future.

ISU is located in Normal, Illinois (adjacent to Bloomington) and is 45
minutes East of Peoria, 45 minutes West of Champagne, 2 hours South of
Chicago, 2 hours East of St. Louis, and 2 1/2 hours West of
Indianapolis.  While
Bloomington/Normal is a small Midwestern city, we have all of the comforts
of a typical college town with a low violent crime rate and extremely
affordable cost of living.

If you have any questions about our debate program, please feel free to
contact me, at jstanle at ilstu.edu or by phone 417-894-1027.  You may also
contact the Director of Forensics, Joseph Zompetti, at zompetti at aol.com or
by phone at 309.438.3277.

If you have questions regarding our graduate program, you may contact me or
our Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Mark Comadena, at mecomad at ilstu.edu,
or 309.438.7977.  Also, feel free to browse our website at:
www.communication.ilstu.edu

If you do have interest please contact me as soon as possible.  I can
provide you all of the necessary information regarding your responsibilities
with the debate program, your teacing responsibilities and information
concerning the stipend.  The best way to reach me is at the email above (
jstanle at ilstu.edu).

I look forward to talking with you in the future concerning the
opportunities that Illinois State offers.

Justin Stanley
Director of Debate
Illinois State University
(o) 309-438-2321