[eDebate] Consult CP's - AT: Johnson & Phillips

Greg Thomas greg.thomas
Thu Oct 4 12:34:00 CDT 2007

Not that I agree with your position or that I want to debate the usefulness
of Consult CP's, but if you want to make a point that people shouldn't use a
particular argument (which may or may not be any good) just for the sake of
winning, wouldn't the most effective way to do that to be to refuse to give
that argument any weight in any round you judge, thus making it an argument
you are very unlikely to hear?  It just seems to me that if teams running
these arguments are really just trying to get the win by any means
necessary, they will be less concerned with the points if they think they
argument can still win the round.  After all, low speaker points get tossed,
losses do not.

Just a thought.

Greg Thomas
Debate Coach