[eDebate] consult cp's

Zompetti, Joseph Perry jpzompe
Thu Oct 4 19:47:20 CDT 2007

Consult counterplans provide as much education on a topic - or related to a topic - as most disads and case args.  Maybe NATO and Japan aren't as germaine to this topic as other args (although, arguably NATO is pretty relevant to the Afghan debate), but learning about Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey is prettty important to get a well-rounded understanding of what is going on in the Middle East.

This whole discussion of using points to punish folks who run consult cp's is silly.  I think running no-plan/kritikal Affs is largely uneducational, but if someone runs that in front of me, I'm willing to listen.  They then have to prove that their arg has value.  Isn't that what debate is all about?

zomp