[eDebate] my Richmond updated judge philosophy -- please read

Asha Cherian asha.cherian
Fri Oct 12 04:20:07 CDT 2007

any judge who draws such lines does so based on her/ his own arbitrary
rules.  and doing so -- limiting what types of arguments can be made
in rounds based on the position name label attached to them -- kills
the educational value of debate in certain regions and makes it
prohibitively more difficult for many of the debaters in these regions
to transition successfully into national competition.

Asha

--
Asha