[eDebate] my Richmond updated judge philosophy -- please read

Asha Cherian asha.cherian
Fri Oct 12 05:01:10 CDT 2007

I have yet to abandon any of what I said.  But I can understand why it
might be confusing.

Judges who espouse limiting positions, like I do in this philosophy,
punish debaters for arbitrary reasons.  They decrease the value of
debate through their contradictions and the negative effects on
competitive quality coming out of those regions.

If debaters were to explore the lines between K/ alt and policy
debate, they would expose the fluidity of the boundaries of K/ alt
positions versus more traditional positions, exposing the root of what
these boundaries and their identifications have come to mean.

Good night.  More to come tomorrow, I'm sure...