[eDebate] My first debate tournament

Christopher Langone langonelaw
Mon Oct 22 15:33:57 CDT 2007

Darren:

You have every right to post on here and I think your concerns are legitmate
and I would be happy to talk to you in detail about them.  Certain things I
observed in the Novice division have caused me to re-think my role as a
debate judge and critic and specifically to make explict certain alterations
and revisions in my judging philosophy, especially in Novice round.

As I understand it, one purpose of this list is to air such concerns.

I didn't judge you and don't even know what school you are from, but do come
to another tournament and introduce yourself to me, I'd love to talk to you
about some of my ideas as well asabout what you can do to address some of
these concerns.  I'd be happy to talk to any of your coaches to.
Personally, I share very similar concerns.

Do your self and our region a favor and don't drop out just yet.

Chris Langone