[eDebate] UNLV tournament update

Jacob.Thompson at unlv.edu Jacob.Thompson
Thu Sep 6 12:57:45 CDT 2007

1.  Elvis is IN the building... The King has been booked and will be
performing live at the tournament hotel (in the registration room) at 9:00
p.m.

2.  We're up to 32 teams in open and still expect more entries.  The
quality of competition here will be very good (as will the judging pool).
So if you're on the fence about whether or not to attend our
tournament--YOU SHOULD COME!!!

3.  Seriously, those of you who talk about supporting new programs and who
bemoan the impending death of NDT/CEDA debate: we're a brand new squad and
are asking you to pony up and really demonstrate that you DO support new
programs... SUPPORT us.

4.  Get your entries in for the private poker tournament at the Monte
Carlo, ASAP.

5. The hotel block expires on Sept 19th.... Make your reservations ASAP.

We look forward to seeing you all in Vegas!

Jake

Dr. Jacob Thompson, Ph.D.
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Assistant Professor In Residence
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas