[eDebate] KENTUCKY HOUSING, ETC.

Patterson, J W jwpatt00
Fri Sep 7 12:14:00 CDT 2007

GOOD NEWS

We have just been informed that we have both the first and second floors of
the Classroom Building for the Clay.  In addition, we have rooms in the
Office Tower, Business and Economics, Chemistry-Physics, Engineering, and of
course the W.D. Funkhouser building.  Therefore, we should not have to cap
the tournament. Bring all your troops and join us for the 37th Annual Henry
Clay Debates.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS

Our block at the Radisson is gone; Ellen in hotel sales is keeping a wait
list and will contact you as rooms open.  It has been our experience in the
past, that about 10 to 15 percent of those previously entered drop after
Georgia State.

In as much as we're over the opening of the Keeneland races, availability at
other hotels is very limited.  Just a few moments ago, I did however find a
gold mine. VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY INN which is located
very close to campus. If you need housing, I urge you to call them
immediately.

The University Inn is located at 1229 South Limestone. The direct line is
859-278-6625; the toll free reservations is 866-881-9676.

The University Inn still has available both double and king size bedrooms.
Each room has a data port and free continental breakfast.  It is located
about one block from the campus. In fact the UK Medical Center is across the
street.

OTHER HOTELS

I have found rooms at a few other hotels, but the prices are in excess of
$100 per night.

I will keep looking and post as I find vacancies.

JW