[eDebate] Policy Debate in NC

Donald Bryson anabaptist
Mon Sep 10 08:11:44 CDT 2007

Dear Community,
For some reason, high school policy debate died in North Carolina.  I'm not sure why.  My guess is that most of the active forensics programs are in the eastern portion of the state and the two collegiate programs in the state are on the western side.

Here's my deal.  After talking with several coaches in the area the consensus is that they are unwilling to host policy divisions at their tournaments due to a lack of qualified judging in the area (again most of these schools are around the Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte areas, not around Boone or Winston-Salem).  If anyone is aware of former policy debaters/coaches/judges in the Raleigh-Durham area (they might attend UNC- Chapel Hill, NC State, Southeastern Seminary, Duke, Shaw University, or NC Central, just to get your mental map going) please let me know.  I can't promise to pay, but if they could donate some rounds to a couple of local tournaments, that would be FANTASTIC.

Thanks ahead of time,
Donald Bryson