[eDebate] Invite: BARUCH COLLEGE GOTHAM DEBATES (NYC) - Feb. 2-3

V I Keenan vikeenan
Wed Sep 12 09:41:22 CDT 2007

Hey folks -

The full invite is posted in debateresults (please use that for
registration, but you can email me with any questions).  These are the
highlights:

- Tournament is Saturday/Sunday, Feb 2-3rd

- 6 rounds of prelim competition in 3 divisions (long live novice debate!)

- "Rookie" division within novice during first two presets for your
"first-timers" starting in the Spring

- Super Bowl festivities and updates for those in late out-rounds

- Hotel:  just across the Lincoln Tunnel in NJ, Comfort Suites  North Bergen
- $125 + tax (which ain't bad in NYC realistically)  Contact: 201-392-0008.

The block is reserved under the BARUCH COLLEGE DEBATE TOURNAMENT.

- Registration:  $55 per team, $100 for every two teams (we're trying to
offset the hotel as much as possible)

- All rounds in one building:  Literally "The Vertical Campus" in the heart
of Manhattan

- NYU's APDA tournie is the same weekend if there is another campus
club/team you want to arrange to split travel costs with

- Join "Tourism Weekend - CEDA-style".  You can go to Miami, or you can go
to New York City.  I know, it's a tough life in debate . . . (Seriously, if
you're used to traveling for 3 days, you could do that and have one extra
day in NYC with our tournament, and we won't tell your admin.)

- You're not flying to Chicago this year . . . how else will you get your
blast of Winter?  Visit the Northeast. 3 major airports to choose from.

- You know you have alumni here . . .

Hope to see you in February!

-VIK
--