[eDebate] Question for those Attending the Liberty Tournament

Hall, Michael P. Debate mphall
Wed Sep 12 15:31:13 CDT 2007

The Liberty University Debate Tournament is considering offering child
care at this year's tournament.  Our experience over the last three
years have convinced Heather and I that debate is unnecessarily hard on
families.  Conversations with other coaches confirm that many of you
feel the same way.  As one small step, we'd like to know if there are
debaters or coaches planning on attending the tournament who would take
advantage of child care.  We haven't worked out all of the details but
we would most likely offer on-site childcare for the entire day.
Parents could pick up and drop off their children throughout the day as
they pleased.  We'd take care of food, toys and entertainment, and naps
if necessary.  I know there are many other barriers to bringing children
to a debate tournament, but we don't want a lack of childcare to be one
of them.

I don't need to know anything definitive at this point, but in order to
properly plan I'd like to know if there's any demand for this service.
If you think you might be interested, please let me know.

Michael P. Hall
Acting Director of Debate
Liberty University
Lynchburg, VA 24502