[eDebate] ADA May business meeting annoucement

John Katsulas katsulas
Mon Apr 7 08:43:08 CDT 2008

The annual May business meeting of the American Debate Association will be held on Friday, May 16th in Richmond, Virginia and hosted by Kevin Kuswa. The meeting will begin promptly at 9:00 am and will be held in a room at the Best Western hotel.

Items on the agenda for this year?s meeting include the election of officers, the selection of a 2008 host for the ADA National Tournament, and proposals for changes to the Standing rules and/or the Constitution.

According to the ADA Constitution, all proposed changes to the Standing Rules or the Constitution must be received by the ADA President no later than two weeks prior to the date of annual business meeting.  Therefore, I would request that you send me electronic copy of any changes to the Rules or Constitution by Friday, May 2nd.   Please e-mail your proposals to me at katsulas at bc.edu   Motions received after the deadline may be considered only by a suspension of the rules.  I will distribute copies of the proposals to the membership as quickly as possible.

Please make your own hotel arrangements by calling The Best Western at 804-672-7001.  The Best Western  is offering a rate of $80.00 per night.   The rooms block is under ?University of Richmond Debate Meeting.?  The hotel is located at 7007 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 2394.

In addition to the meeting, the annual ADA golf adventure will occur on Thursday, May 15th sometime during the mid-morning, followed by dinner.  Hackers are welcome to play.  You will feel right at home.   If you are interested in golf and/or dinner, please contact me.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please give me a call at 617-552-4298 (office) or 978-766-5329 (cell).

I hope to see everyone at the meeting!

John Katsulas
ADA President