[eDebate] Race and Debate- Resp. to Warner

Thu Apr 10 11:32:19 CDT 2008

Ede, you write:
"Look, today's Black debater can't do what Malcolm X did, or the HBCU's did."

I ask why not? There are plenty of African Americans in the nation's prisons.
Why not start an inter-jail debate program.

I ask why not? Why can't there be an HBCU debate league? Why not? Tournament
debating is not the end all be all of argumentation. Other avenues for
expression for minorities exist. If the system is so ossified, why not make a
clean break?

Just  some questions.

Scott