[eDebate] Fw: Loss of one of our own -- sad news....

EMarlow at ucok.edu EMarlow
Thu Apr 17 11:57:56 CDT 2008

----- Forwarded by Eric Marlow/LA/UCO on 04/17/2008 11:57 AM -----

Eric Marlow/LA/UCO
04/17/2008 11:29 AM

"Massey, Jackie B." <debate at ou.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [eDebate] Loss of one of our own -- sad news....

I would like to echo Jackie's sentiments about this sad occasion.  Tyler
debated for UCO for the first year and a half that I was the director of
the program and he is one of the people who made my transition to Director
of Debate at UCO smooth and optimistic.  All of us are suffering from the
loss of a great friend.  Tyler was definitely one of the people I counted
on to make long van trips bearable and to keep us all in stitches on every
tournament he attended.  I was sad when he informed me of his transfer to
OU, but I was happy for him because I knew it was his dream to graduate
from the University of Oklahoma.  We all feel the pain of losing someone
with some much potential.  We hold in our hearts the memories of the love,
laughter, and good times we shared with our friend Tyler Henry and he
lives on in our memories forever.

Peace,
Marlow

Eric Marlow
Director of Debate
University of Central Oklahoma

"Massey, Jackie B." <debate at ou.edu>
Sent by: edebate-bounces at www.ndtceda.com
04/16/2008 06:00 PM

"edebate at ndtceda.com" <edebate at ndtceda.com>
cc

Subject
[eDebate] Loss of one of our own -- sad news....

Hi Friends

This was hard to post, and probably my 6th or 7th try.

On monday we lost a member of our debate community.  David Tyler Henry was
in transition from the UCO debate team onto the OU debate team.  Some of
you may have met Tyler at the NDT.
He was loved and liked by everyon and so many of us will feel empty with
such a loss.

I have so much more I want to say, but I am not sure now is the time.

Services will be held at 1:00 PM on Friday at the Edmond Memorial Cemetery
in Edmond, Oklahoma.

Flowers or cards can be sent to --  Matthews Funeral Home

601 S Kelly Ave
Edmond, OK 73003
(405) 341-2787

I wish and hope both of our debate teams can have the strength to make it
through these hard times.

Today the world is short one grand happy soul,  our stories with Tyler
will live forever.

Peace

Massey

**CONFIDENTIALITY** -This email (including any attachments) may
contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information.  Any