[eDebate] Modest Removal Proposal

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Wed Apr 2 23:44:45 CDT 2008

I think 50 bucks might be a little high...that could be because i would
write phil a check for like 4 grand if i had to remove all the posts i would
remove at that rate...but beyond personal interest i just think it sets the
bar too high...we all make mistakes when we are in college...some of us well
beyond college...some people have drastic shifts others grow older and
decide that the nihilism and foolishness that mixed with passion is not
something they wanna be stuck with for ever. I just think a $50 penalty per
post is a deterrent to people who may never envision that possible but a
lark for others. I think this is inevitable with the market, but if we can
lower that impact it creates a more welcome forum for the heated dialouge
that has come to mark this forum as this forum. Some may say the vitrol and
evil of this listserv are curbed in that scenario more than now and just
some at all, that may be true, but there is a ceda l for directors and
edebate like it or not is a certain kind of forum...skewing an opt out
clause towards those that can more afford it leaves the ability for the
wealthy to shape the context of reality more and i think we should err
against that.

Here is perhaps a modification

removals of posts that you had nothing to do with and are about you are free
at the request of the person described.(THIS INCLUDES ALL DCA POSTS AND
OTHER SUCH THINGS, BUT NOT REASONABLE RESPONSES TO SOME ONE...FOR EXAMPLE IF
I CALL CHIEF A F***** MORON OUT OF THE BLUE AND THEN HE DOES THE SAME THING
THAT COSTS ME $10 and CHIEF NOTHING)

Removal of the first 10(this number is scaleable) are $10 a piece.(this
should solve the wealthy shaping the context question above better than $50
a post and gives people a decent number of mistakes before you get to the

Any posts above 10 $25...and there is the

Gold Star Shouldnt post to edebate membership $500 (you can remove
everything that has your name in it)