[eDebate] SOUTH AMERICA

michael hester uwgdebate
Fri Apr 4 21:54:12 CDT 2008

1) the 1987-88 Latin America political stability high  school topic is one
of the top five debate topics of all time

2) the SQ college topic formulation process would wring every ounce of
goodness out of such a topic until it was nothing but a convoluted, 87-word
mess of dumb overlimits that screamed "muy mal."

hester

p.s. - #2 is terminally non-unique, and thus no reason not to debate Latin
America again, but merely a reminded that it's not the subject matter that
is important in choosing a topic