[eDebate] Reply to Massey-Switch side et al

Donald Bryson anabaptist
Mon Apr 7 12:09:05 CDT 2008

so............

Always err neg on theory because the topic is biased toward the aff.
Elliott, 2008
(Scott, debate director ULL, eDebate. http://www.ndtceda.com/pipermail/edebate/2008-April/074567.html)

I will agree with Jackie that the topics should be written to allow affirmative
teams maximum leeway. But it can be balanced with giving negatives some stable
ground. Because what we do is by nature a competitive activity, interests such
as fairness and a balance of ground is necessary. We can argue what we
"believe" every day. But, when argumentation is recast as a game, with wins and
losses, the goals of fairness within the game should trump your personal belief
system.