[eDebate] the sidelines of the topic writing process....

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Apr 7 13:15:49 CDT 2008

Hey Jackie,

We dont agree on this stuff....I think this is our only big argument...none
of this is intended as personal attacks.

Its not the NDT topic meeting....Gordon is a CEDA officer...CEDA does the
election of topic members.....Everyone elected is elected by CEDA.  Yes, I
know, I am a secret agent of the NDT illuminati...its still true, they were
Democratically elected by the CEDA membership.  Is your argument that the
leadership of CEDA should secede without a mandate?

In addition, it seems the voting process has proven that the majority of
people who vote on topics, topic committee membership, etc etc etc disagree
with your point of view on topics. Is your argument that you should get to
circumvent the democratic process and write the topic yourself?  Should you
be "more than an observer" if you arent elected to the topic committee?  If
so, why is that exactly?

I obviously disagree with the rest of what you write on this subject...But I
think anyone could search the archives for the last five years and see why
(since you have initiated exactly the same discussion as all those other
years again).

Anyway, if you want a vote on secession....ok, put it to a vote...I believe
you can suggest that at a business meeting.

If you want to run for the topic committee (I believe you have if I remember
correctly) run.....Should observers be able to act as if they are members?
If so, why is that exactly?

Hope your off-season is going well, and congrats on the NDT and CEDA
nats(genuine),

Josh