[eDebate] A Message to the Debate Community

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Apr 7 15:33:59 CDT 2008

First, I think there has been a large outpouring of support and cheers even
on edebate for Towson.  I personally have seen about twenty letters just on
edebate (and personally tried to find every coach and debater and offered
congrats myself in email and face to face at the NDT).

Second, I think anytime a team that hasn't cleared at most major tournaments
it comes as a suprise that they won a tournament.  In this case a happy
suprise.  I honestly hope that none of the "backlash" you are referring to
has to do with race....If you have felt that way that is really too bad.  If
the community really was that reactionary and unaccepting how could Towson
have won the CEDA tournament?

I also think given the back-to-back nature of CEDA-NDT sometimes
congratulations are not loud enough.

If people have not said it enough, CONGRATS to Towson and all of their
coaches.  As a former CEDA national champion, I am very pleased to welcome
Towson to the list of former champs!  What you accomplished is incredible
and should be celebrated,

Josh