[eDebate] A Message to the Debate Community

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Mon Apr 7 15:44:40 CDT 2008

While i wish josh was right, i would say that there was a decent amount of
hallway chatter and barroom banter at the NDT that definitely had a racial
tone to it. I know i am sensitive about these type of things and right now
im not gonna call out particular people (not because i think thats a bad
idea, but because it was often difficult to identify or know who the person
speaking was) This does not mean there was not also an out pouring of
support, but there are some people who should be ashamed. None of us where
paying too much attention, we where busy debating coaching and all other
things team related  to securing  five wins and a first ever clearing at the
ndt for towson...but believe me if you where one of the people making
comments (often times visabaly in my presence-though never in the presence
of dayvon and deven) i will through the summer be discussing some of
them....