[eDebate] A Message to the Debate Community

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Apr 7 23:17:06 CDT 2008

On a larger note,

I am sorry this gets me so pissed.  I just have learned over a TON of years
how hard it is to even consistantly clear at national level tournaments that
it just makes my blood boil to here people say "it was given to them." Or a
"secret cabal" did it.

So many teams with so many totally different styles have made the sacrifices
necessary to be competitive and put in those hours...I just get super mad
when its made to sound like all you need to do is "get in" to one of the
"best debate schools" and you immediately somehow get to late elims.  Its a
bunch of baloney.

Josh