[eDebate] My Prayer for Dr. James Unger

omar guevara oguevara
Tue Apr 8 14:01:00 CDT 2008

dammit matt. you beat me by about 30 seconds.  i wanted to say that the last paragraph of ede's post was on point.

actually it may be among the best written posts i've ever read on edebate.

the lack of civility in our community is reaching epic heights.

the cruelty on edebate is incredible.

i'm out for a long while -- got some things to thing about.

OG

PS:  on another note, i just wanted to say congrats to Sara Partlow-Lefever of Idaho Stat for winning the George Z award at the NDT.  As somebody who has had the chance to work closely with both of these individuals, I have to say the selection committee made a great choice.

Omar G Guevara II
Director of Forensics
Department of Communication
College of Arts & Humanities
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah

801.626.6220 (Office)
801.668.6910 (Cell)

Oguevara at hotmail.com
Oguevara at weber.edu

"I am the stone that the builder refused..."

From: stannardmatt at hotmail.comTo: ewarner at louisville.edu; edebate at ndtceda.comDate: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:55:32 -0600Subject: Re: [eDebate] My Prayer for Dr. James Unger

"People must decide to once again care about one another, starting with the recognition that everyone who decides to participate in NDT/CEDA debate makes comparable, albeit different sacrifices to debate.  Some sacrifice time to research, some sacrifice respect, others sacrifice identity.  At the end of the day, if we take the ethical step to care about each other, we then can move to finding ethical ways to engage one another in topical policy debate."

I'll definitely add an Amen to that.

mjs

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started!