[eDebate] Nationals Proliferation

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Apr 9 19:25:10 CDT 2008

That's c-h-i-e-f.  "i" before "e" unless immediately following "c".  : )

Saying PRP is a JV Nationals is kind of elitist.  You should totally be on the NDT committee.
I mean you give nod to the fact that they may be a 4th year debater but not all CC students were like Lawson and never leave.  Much love to him though.  One year Jordan had a debater who almost qualified to the NDT while being a PRP debater.  One of our teams (who won PRP last year as Frosh) and this year are both sophomores in year and academically are
going to PRP and they cleared at CEDA this year 39th seed.  CEDA--an Open Nationals--which in case you havent heard is apparently not as cool as hair washing--though I suspect people who feel that way couldve used more of both in their careers.  When I am done prepping for our 12th National tournament this year, I will post more on that.

At least you stopped advocating blowing up the NDT--probably because you are vying for that committee spot!  Is Louisiana even in a District?  ; )

the smaller Elliott

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA President

>>> <scottelliott at grandecom.net> 04/09/08 6:53 PM >>>
I stand corrected--FIVE JV Nationals. But to trump Cheif, with Phi Rho Pi, there
will be at least SIX.

But given graduate rates, etc., there is every chance that a Phi Rho Pi national
champion is really a fourth year college debater.

Scott