[eDebate] Fwd: "GOD" judges D Love vs M "Hate" Korcok

Ede Warner ewarner
Wed Apr 9 22:18:40 CDT 2008

Yo, We at war
We at war with terrorism, racism, and most of all we at war with
ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me) with me, with me, with me [fades]

Overview on GOD's Judging Philosophy:

I choose to believe, like many Black folks, that my magical buddy as
Korcok refers to God, exists inside of me, not somewhere else.  My
prayers are to a God that exists inside me, for a purpose: to help me
cope with oppressors that use abstract theories like colorblindness to
beat the shit out of Black folks.  People standing on truth and justice
and their belief in the certainty of their positions to the extent that
they are unwilling and incapable of hearing experiences that run counter
to their belief systems.

I believe that God, exists inside me, like a townhouse, with the
tenants of love, empathy, and compassion.  As such, proof that God
exists is pretty easy to find...sit in front of the White Castle on the
corner of Preston Highway and Outer Loop Drive in Louisville about
midnight and wait for the car with the DEBATE license tags...And he
looks a lot better than Alyanis Morrisette as GOD too! (reference to
movie DOGMA Mike)

And while you spend your time Korcok attacking those with different
beliefs, I spend my time wondering why you are incapable of love and
compassion, incapable of differentiating between attacks on your
personhood, your intellect, and your hubris from expressions and calls
for ending pain and suffering, especially when those calls exist in
manifestations that challenge your experience of what YOU think they
should look like (caps intended).  Why aren't the tenants living in your
house, Mike?  Is it your privilege, your debate training, and/or your
hubris?  Wait, there is a threesome lusting together there, huh?  Cue
the music...

I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus

So let's review before this epic throwdown.  I, Ede Warner, "aka Doc
aka 2 Sweet aka Burch's boy" am GOD!  I use my personal relationship
with and as God to organize my critical thoughts (logos), to contemplate
where and how I need to exist ethically in the world today (ethos), and
to pray for the love, compassion, and empathy I need to balance the
hate, anger, and pain that I feel (pathos).  Although it's hard today
Mike, I love you.

God show me the way because the devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks)
The only thing that that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't thing there's nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus walks with me... fades)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

ON TO THE DEBATE!!!!  Ding, ding, ding...And in this corner, fresh off
his CEDA National Championship,  it's D. Love!!!!!  And in the other
corner, Mike "Bitter that I only got to the CEDA semis, but I'm smarter
than all y'all mo'fo's" Korcok aka "I thought we struck GOD" aka Michael
"Hate" Korcok.

Judging this US Championship for the Soul of Policy Debate --- Oh shit,
GOD!  aka Doc aka all those names above.  Gary Larsen just posted that
Korcok forgot to turn his pref sheet in...oops, who knew?

The three round battle royale with cheese begins:

Round 1 Ethos-
D.Love - Discussed issues related to his social location.  Gave several
examples, three I believe, specific to the debate community.  Made it
clear that he speaks about folks he is comfortable with and has
experiences with.  Limits his area of credibility to his social
location.  Love establishes his ethos by relating who he is to the
context of the oppression that he challenges through his advocacy.

M. "Hate" Korcok- Discusses the number of social issues he participates
and their equal importance to D. Love's one issue.  Implied is the "more
is better standard" as Korcok loo
ks for ethos in the magnitude of his
fight.  Korcok is general regarding the process of his challenge of the
system, only saying I teach critical thinking to lots of students.  Is
that critical thinking, solely "debate" or is it other things as well.
And why are those other things competitive with debate?  Korcok goes for
the integrity of his congratulations to Andy, which he makes
conditionally, with backhanded compliments.  Finally, Korcok attempts to
prove that Doc aka God lacks integrity because his criticism of Korcok
lacks accuracy in the minute details, a debate between Warner's claim of
"doing nothing" versus the truth of the arrogant, unproven claim, that
he doesn't do "as much as me." The big picture tone of his post is that
he is superior to D. Love in challenging oppression because he
recognizes the need for critical thought in a variety of places, not
just racial justice.

Winner - D. Love who understands the importance of speaking within his
social location, kept his credibility limited to his debate experience,
and contrary to wild, unfounded assertions of labeling people racists,
in fact, makes no ad hom's compared to the jabs and hubris of Korcok.
Korcok lacks any credibility by not explicating his method of teaching
critical thinking, and ignoring the context of focusing on racism as it
relates to debate, but trying to outgunn it with more and bigger
impacts.  But God's a little to slick for that.  D.Love - 1, Korcok -
0.

Pathos-
M. "Hate" Korcok - Has no idea what this is, why it's important, never
been trained in it, and could care less about teaching it in his view of
critical thinking or debate.  Hell, "arrogance and hubris is bliss" is
his motto.  "Being an asshole is next to Godliness!" is the poster that
sits above his throne as King liberator of the oppressed!

D.Love- Tells powerful stories that make you think, but more
importantly make you feel.  God's only criticism is that he didn't read
the Rashad Evans evidence which is on fire about how debate doesn't
teach people how to feel, and without that empathy, policy construction
lacks compassion, fuels alienation and frustration, and is selfish.  Oh
and it doesn't work either because we don't share different experiences
on a common topic, the only way to produce the best evidence during
policy making.

Winner - D. Love.  Imagine the remake of the Great Debaters.  At the
end, when the lynching story is told to disprove the commonly held white
belief that Civil Disobedience is never justified, and a room full of
white judges and audience members, feeling the power of the story, are
persuaded to reconsider their position, when Korcok stands up and yells,
"Your talking about lynchings in Texas fool, we are at Harvard!  No
challenging law in these parts!"  White folks converge and beat his ass
to death to end the movie.  Dramatic, huh.

Logos-
D. Love - Makes a fairly simple logical claim: my courage to speak
about my experiences--which include my research, my lived occurrences,
and my ability to see relationships to put the two together--are an
invitation for the community to rethink their personal experiences as it
relates to debate.

M. Korcok - I don't owe you my experiences; I have different and more
experiences; and Your experiences don't add up to what you think they
do.  Oh, and I use a lot of big words that God doesn't understand too!
Korcok after the debate in the hallway, "This is a crush."

Winner- Your right.  It's a 3-0 decision for D. Love, even without the
Evans evidence.  And to think if Korcok added Lechtruck and Love added
Cooper, this could have really got ugly.  Cue the music before Korcok
starts stabbing GOD.  In the words of the great philosopher, Smokey aka
Chris Tucker, "Korcok, you got knocked the f*** out!"

 I walk through the valley of the shadow of death is
Top floor the view alone will leave you breathless Uhhhh!
Try to catch it Uhhhh! It's kinda hard
Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method
They be asking us q
uestions, harass and arrest us
Saying "we eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast"
Huh? Y'all eat pieces of shit? What's the basis?
We ain't going nowhere but got suits and cases

GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!!  Oh, and God is never in the way...