[eDebate] Reconciling Science and Religion

matt stannard stannardmatt
Thu Apr 10 16:04:14 CDT 2008

I'll just throw in that the Metanexus Instititute on Religion, Science and the Humanities: http://www.metanexus.net/Institute/.

At the risk of getting T run on me, their mission statement is "the constructive engagement of science, religion and the humanities in the communal pursuit of wisdom in order to address humanity?s most profound questions and challenges."

It's got some interesting reading, whether you are satisfied with their position or not.  I'm all over the map on this question, but I thought I'd at least let people know this stuff is out there.

mjs

From: anabaptist at alltel.netTo: edebate at www.ndtceda.comDate: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:55:26 -0400Subject: [eDebate] Reconciling Science and Religion

Those are not mundane questions and are questions that should be asked.

I could very well be insinuating all of those things.  I don't think that it's any more ridiculous to believe that than I think it is to believe that all of existence is some big accident.  All I'm asking Korcok for is to pursue the possibility that religion isn't ludicrous, but he and others who have a "war on religion" seem to think they're simply more intelligent than the rest of us.

I don't think that my logic was twisted.  Twisted logic implies that I did not make a coherent syllogism, which I'm pretty sure I did.  If you can tell me where I went beyond the realm of possibility, please enlighten...otherwise, I think your reply was reasonable; as is my faith.

Donald Bryson
Pack up or back up?use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn how.
hthttp://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008